Monday, March 5, 2018

Only Math now...

Oh my goodness...it is so weird not teaching everything! I've never realized before but I'm a little protective! :) I must trust Mrs. Hider because I can't believe I'm letting her teach my kids! She's doing great and I'm only teaching Math right now~luckily it's my favorite! I also am enjoying participating and seeing the kids a little different than I'm used to~they don't pay attention nearly as much as I thought!

We got new words for word study this week so check your kiddos planner if you want to know the pattern they have this week. After gym, they played charades in meeting after discussing what they did this weekend. (I guessed Brady's "shopping!") I'm a little lost in Wishtree but I think two kids are separated by their ethnicity or religion but are talking anyway and their "wish" is to NOT be separated based on ethnicity or religion... after reading independently, they got a new StoryWorks and read the informational text about the American Revolution. They also wrote the beginning of a journal entry and in Writer's Workshop, continued working on our historical fiction writing. After lunch, recess and quiet time, instead of a number talk, we got our metric conversions from last week back, and fixed them. **This is something they can work on at home, too!! I've placed the questions on Canvas so they can fix them!** Then, we worked on more application of our understanding with more real world application of using conversions. Next, in Social Studies, we learned what we "Ohio" needs to become a state and that in the Northwest Territory, there was no slavery, which was very different than other states! Finally, Mrs. Hider introduced one of the topics we can choose for research that we'll begin right before break. Today, we got a snapshot into what the Underground Railroad was.

No comments:

Post a Comment