Thursday, December 7, 2017

Recess!

So, the kids have been staying in with me for lunch and recess this week since I won't see them until after the new year, after Friday. However, today, I told them that I had some work I had to do, out of the classroom, and that they'd have to choose to stay in for lunch or recess but I couldn't do both. They chose lunch. Big mistake! They were freezing! I took some pictures of them once inside because they were using rugs and the yoga mat to cover up! It was a sight! Some even tried to warm up using Lucky's heat lamp! :)



It was a crazy Thursday! We had a school community meeting at 9:25 and then went to the media center for a buddy book introduction with Mrs. Dornburgh and then we made blankets for patients at the James during our mindset special (small things make a big difference!). Once we finally returned to our room, we read two more books for understanding theme: The Heart and the Bottle and Red: A Crayon's Story. They are so mad at me because they think I've ruined picture books for them because they say they're all sad...I said that they are finally understanding the deeper meaning of these books and how they are bigger than just entertainment. We read independently and then got our December StoryWorks to peruse and read for entertainment-they'll be working more with it next week. After quiet time, in Math Workshop, we learned about line plots and how to make and read and analyze them. They feel pretty special too, because after this year, this will no longer be a 4th grade standard, so they are the last 4th graders to learn it! They discovered that it wasn't as easy as they thought. We'll keep practicing tomorrow. Finally, as with all other crazy Thursdays, we ended our day with rehearsal. The musical is next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment