Saturday, December 9, 2017

Bittersweet

Today was very bittersweet for us...we had a fun day of out-of-the-ordinaries and our holiday celebration, but it was my last day so...

We worked on our morning choice activities and i-time and then after a musical rehearsal, we came back for an Hour of Code! We discussed and discovered what "code" and "coding" are and then had a blast during our hour! We also discovered that this was one area where they were so much better than me! :) Then, to continue with theme, we got into groups and read lots of picture books, found the theme of each book and then found some common themes in the books. They did an AWESOME job with theme, which is a tough concept, especially for kiddos! I hope that I didn't really ruin picture books for them, but opened their eyes to how beautiful and amazing these books truly are. Almost the entire class ate lunch with me in the room today and then had indoor recess. They wanted to continue coding during quiet time but needed to complete their M4T assessment. After, it was celebration time! We completed a STEM challenge to build an igloo with 100 bricks of ice (marshmallows) and 50 beam (toothpicks). With it feeling so cold with all of that ice, they need some hot cocoa! So, I brought in my Keurig and made them all hot chocolate! Luckily, the presents I bought them were delivered at 2:30 so we were able to do a modified book game with choosing books and stealing?! Every student got a book though! It might not have been their first choice (there were some popular books!) but I hope that everyone got something they'll enjoy. Our day concluded with mandatory hugs for the teacher! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment