Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Reading assessments

I spent the day, well most of it, out in the hall reading with kiddos. I am so impressed! I believe EVERY student is at or above grade level with their reading ability. Even more exciting is that most, if not all, were able to truly understand the deeper meaning and inferences in the books! This means more to me than anything because they are TRUE READERS!

We didn't have a sub for gym yet again, so I took them outside to play and enjoy the weather. This is becoming a pattern for us... :) Also, since today was the first day the students did the teaching in Math, I participated for that part.

Mrs. Baron was our sub and she read a few books with them--After the Fall about Humpty Dumpty and two books during Social Studies about immigration and culture--One Green Apple and The Name Jar. They also wrote using a Guinness World Record prompt, got a new StoryWorks magazine and had some fun with application of math skills with comics and more Guinness World Records.

No comments:

Post a Comment